Orange Chicken is one of my favorites! For me, orange zest is the key to the flavor of this dish. My kids love this one! I find that if you have everything chopped up and ready to go, it’s easier and will be done in a few minutes!
Here is what you will need.
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp Shaoxing wine
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Homemade Orange Sauce:
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup chicken broth
Zest of 1 large orange
1/4 cup honey (warmed up)
1 tsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp chili flakes
2 Tbsp Grapeseed oil
1/2 an onion, chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
1. Mix Chicken ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Make the orange sauce by combining the sauce ingredients together, whisking until well mixed.
3. In a pan, heat oil on high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, without stirring, until well browned.
4. Stir chicken well, cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Add onion and chili flakes. Cook about 3 minutes.
6. Add the orange sauce, and cook a few more minutes, until thickened and nicely glazes the chicken, and until chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve over white rice, garnish with sliced green onions.