This recipe came about when I wanted to use my leftover homemade tomato sauce. (Link for the recipe below) I had 3 cups left in the fridge. It was my mom’s birthday, and she loves fish. I decided to put those 2 together. This dish is so simple, and doesn’t take any time at all. There’s not a whole lot of ingredients, since the tomato sauce has a lot of flavours in it already.
For the fish:
2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into 3 inch pieces
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp dried mint
3 cups of homemade tomato sauce-link here- https://www.iftheovenmittfits.com/2018/07/05/homemade-tomato-sauce/
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup chopped marinated artichokes
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 (19oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Season fish with lemon pepper, salt, chili flakes, mint and olive oil. Set aside.
2. In pan, heat tomato sauce until bubbling gently.
3. Add chicken stock and stir for around 1 min.
4. Add chickpeas, artichokes and lemon juice
5. Add the fish in the sauce, nestling it in.
6. Bring to a boil. Lower heat. Cover pan. Simmer for around 7 min.
7. Add fresh parsley and lemon zest. Gently stir. Enjoy!