1 1/2 cups of Oreo cookie crumbs ( I ran out of Oreo, so I used 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs to finish it off) you can use a mix, or one of either kind.
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
4 pkgs cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean
3/4 cup sour cream
In a bowl, mix the Oreo cookie crumbs with melted butter until well combined. Press into the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan. Bake for 8 min at 375 degrees F. Cool.
1. Add cream cheese to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth, then add the sugar. Mix until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
2. Add the lemon zest and the flour. Mix.
3. Add eggs one or 2 at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl a couple of times.
4. Add the vanilla extract, the vanilla bean and the sour cream. Mix until smooth.
5. Pour into prepared pan, and wrap pan with foil at the bottom, so you can bake it in a water bath. Put the pan in a larger pan.
6. Pour boiling water in the larger pan, so that it comes halfway up the side of the springform pan.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for around 1 hour and 25 minutes. If you want to make this batter into mini cheesecakes, put batter evenly in standard muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes.
Serve with strawberry sauce, if desired. Link here-https://www.iftheovenmittfits.com/2018/07/13/strawberry-sauce/