These are my favorite Christmas cookie to make every year. It’s doesn’t feel like Christmas without them. And the decorating ideas are endless.
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted room temperature butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup fancy molasses
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl.
- Add egg, molasses and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, mix until just incorporated.
- Split dough into 2 discs, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Use gingerbread man cutter to cut out cookies. Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake at 350 for about 9 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet, then cool completely on rack. Eat them plain, or ice with roal icing. Enjoy!