This dish is such a favourite comfort food in our house. Especially when we eat it with Gai Lan (Chinese Broccoli). We can’t get enough of it! Recipe for gai lan here-https://www.iftheovenmittfits.com/2019/01/19/gai-lan-chinese-broccoli/
4 chicken thighs with bone, skin removed
1 cup Jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp sea salt
3-4 sliced green onions
1/4 tsp sesame oil
8 cups water
2 cups chicken stock
Garnishes: Sliced fresh ginger, chopped green onion, fresh cilantro and gai lan.
- Place all ingredients (except garnish) in the instant pot.
- Cover the instant pot. Set to sealing.
- Turn on the Meat/Stew setting. ****Make sure the meat/stew button on your instant pot says 45 minutes. Some instant pots are different. If it says 35 minutes, adjust accordingly or your congee will turn out too thin! In the meanwhile, you can prep the garnish ingredients.
- When the timer goes off on the instant pot, release the pressure by turning the knob on the top to venting setting.
- When all the steam finishes releasing, open the lid. Remove chicken pieces to a plate and shred.
- To assemble, ladle one Congee in a bowl and top with some of the shredded chicken. Top with preferred garnishes. Enjoy!