1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
1 1/4 cup stock
1/2 tsp salt
For the dressing:
1 garlic clove, minced
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sumac
3 tbsp olive oil
The cooked and cooled quinoa
2 avocados, diced
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To a saucepan, add quinoa, stock and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 15-20 min, until all water is absorbed. Turn heat off, let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add avocado and toss to coat.
- Add rest of salad ingredients.
- Gently fold in the cooled quinoa.
- Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!