Approximately 500 grams of elbow pasta, (not the amount in the video) cooked according to package directions
For the sauce:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp each of paprika (or smoked paprika) onion powder and garlic powder
2 tbsp honey dijon mustard
2-3 cups shredded old cheddar
1 cup shredded mozzerella
- In a medium saucepan, on medium low heat, melt butter. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk, making sure there are no lumps, getting the sides of the pan.
- Whisk in the salt, pepper, spices and dijon mustard. Whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- When sauce is thick, turn off heat. Stir in the cheeses until fully melted and smooth.
- Add the cooked and drained macaroni, and stir until coated. Let sit a few minutes, and stir again.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!