2 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
1/4 tsp chili flakes
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp madras curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp each cumin, dried thyme and turmeric
2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups chicken stock
2 cups chopped potatoes
4 cups (about 25-26 oz) canned chickpeas
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a pot, heat oil. Add onions, sauce for around 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and chili flakes. Cook for 1 min.
- Add coconut sugar and stir.
- Add salt, pepper and rest of spices. Stir until onions are well coated.
- Add tomato paste, stirring well.
- Add chicken stock and potatoes, mix until everything is combined.
- Add the chickpeas and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Enjoy!