This recipe is perfect for Fall, Christmas, any holiday party, with the kids, baby showers, so much more! Decorating them with royal icing is soooo fun! This recipe is adapted from Food Network-Alton Brown.
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp butter flavor
1 tbsp milk
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and salt together. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter for 1-2 minutes. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add both sugars. Mix until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla and butter flavour. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients. Mix, then add milk.
- Gather dough together, divide into 2 discs, wrap and chill for at least 2-3 hours. Then start cutting out your desired shapes!
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes for a 3 1/2 inch cookie that is 1/8 inch thick. If 1/4 inch thick, bake for 12-14 minutes. Enjoy!