This soup is so delicious and comforting, but so quick and easy to make! It’s done in no time! I love the colour the turmeric gives here. I use my homemade poultry seasoning for this soup, recipe here-Homemade Poultry Seasoning
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp homemade poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
Around a 2lb butternut squash, peeled and diced to make around 5-6 cups
4 cups chicken stock
1 tsp lemon juice (not shown in video, optional)
- Heat oil and butter in pan. Add onion. Cook for around 3-5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Add garlic, stir.
- Add butternut squash and stir to coat.
- Add stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for around 10-15 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Remove bay leaf, and puree until smooth. Stir in lemon juice if desired. Enjoy!