2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 chipotle pepper, minced
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp homemade pumpkin pie spice
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 large carrot, chopped
1 cup diced sweet potatoes
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
2 cups chicken stock
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can full fat coconut milk
- Heat oil in large pot. Add ground turkey, breaking it up. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, and cook for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chipotle, bay leaf, seasonings, garlic and carrots. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and pumpkin puree, stir well.
- Add the stock, salt, pepper, and white beans. Stir well.
- Stir in the coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and cook for around 10 minutes. Then uncover and cook for 5 more minutes, or until potato and carrots are tender and it’s your desired thickness.
- Serve with diced avocado tossed in some lemon juice. Enjoy!