These are one of our favourite Christmas Cookies, next to gingerbread men! So chewy and delightful! I used my homemade gingerbread spice recipe for this cookie.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp gingerbread spice mix
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted room temp butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt and spices together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter for a couple of minutes. Scrape down bowl.
- Beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, molasses and vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Scoop approximately one tablespoon of cookie dough, roll well in sugar and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for around 10-12 minutes, until crackly on top. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!