For the beef:
1 lb beef sirloin or flank steak
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp shoaxing wine
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
For the sauce:
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
For the Stir-Fry:
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
The marinated beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 red chili, diced
2 tbsp fermented black beans, chopped
1 small green or red bell pepper, chopped
- In a bowl, mix beef with marinade ingredients. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- In a small measuring glass or bowl, mix sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- In large pan, heat oil. Add beef in one layer. Let it cook, not turning until browned, a few minutes.
- Add the onion, chili and black beans. Mix well.
- Add the green pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add sauce, mix, and let it bubble for 1-2 minutes. Serve over white rice. Enjoy!