For the beef:
1 pound sliced beef sirloin
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp shaoxing wine
For the sauce:
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp fresh minced ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp shoaxing wine
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sesame oil
3/4 cup water
1000g/35oz udon noodles, boiled for 2-3 minutes, or until comes apart
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
The marinated beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 pound Gai Lan, sliced in half lengthwise and cut in half
Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- In a bowl, add beef, cornstarch, baking soda, pepper and shaoxing wine. Mix well and set aside.
- Make the Sauce-whisk all the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Boil the noodles for 2-3 minutes only, or until they come apart easily. Drain and toss noodles in sesame oil.
- In a large pan, heat grapeseed oil.
- Add beef in one layer and brown for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion and stir for 1 minute.
- Add Gai Lan, and cook until just wilted.
- Add the sauce and mix well until bubbly. Mix in the noodles, stir until all the noodles are fully coated with the sauce.
- Add toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!